Last session we worked on All is Calm. Not having played it for a while and going off chord charts in my nearly illegible scribble, we played and recorded a song that was almost wholly different from the original.
Listening further we tried to incorporate sections of each but they weren’t working. Finally we went back to the original with some small modifications and as we were recording, I got carried away and created a bridge, thereby inadvertently tying the new song into the old.
So I recommend you try playing through a song you haven’t touched in a while without listening to the prior recording first. Record every rehearsal. Even if it doesn’t work out, you never know when small pieces of an experiment may improve your song.
Until next time.